Tuesday, January 26, 2010


A few years ago after I had my daughter Ysabel I brought up the subject of surrogacy to my husband. He laughed and said I was crazy. I remember thinking maybe I am but I still would like to do it. Now here we are 2010 and it is becoming a reality. This blog will be a place to share my thoughts and feelings. A place where my family and friends can understand why this is so important to me and join me in this wonderful journey.

In 2009 I asked Erik again about surrogacy. Although this time I still got the same crazy comment he also didn't object to it. And with that I was online learning about the different agencies. I came across Extraordinary Conceptions based out of San Diego. After doing some research I applied to be a surrogate. It was a lengthy application that asked a lot of questions about my personal life, hobbies, family and the most important...... why?

I get this question alot. Why do you want to be a surrogate? I always think why not? I am young, healthy, and had two wonderful pregnancies that resulted in two absolutely perfect children. For me, helping another couple achieve their dream of having a family is the best gift that I can give. In my mind I visualize the parent's faces as they are handed their child. A child that I carried for them. I can't wait to see the first moment that they are holding their child. That moment, for me , is why I am doing this.

1 comment:

  1. Me gusta la idea de MUCHISIIIMO !!!!!

    Anjana

    ReplyDelete